Keywords research is one of search engine optimization’s most important elements (SEO) elements. You must conduct proper keyword research to avoid difficulty when increasing your website’s visibility on search engines like Google. In this blog post, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on researching keywords like a pro. We’ll cover everything from choosing the right keywords to implementing them in your content for maximum SEO success. So let’s get started!
Brainstorm a list of potential keywords and Prioritize them
Regarding SEO, keyword research is essential for driving organic traffic to your website. Knowing what keywords people use when they search for products, services or information related to your business can help you determine how to optimize your site and content to show up in search engine results.
The first step in researching keywords is brainstorming a list of potential keywords related to your business or industry. Next, consider what words and phrases people might use when looking for information on the topics you cover. You can also look at competitor websites or other industry resources to get ideas of terms that may be popular in your niche.
Once you have compiled a list of potential keywords, the next step is to prioritize them. Start by assessing which words will be the most effective for your website based on search volume and relevancy. For example, if you’re running an online store selling jewelry, you should prioritize keywords related to jewelry over more general words like “accessories” or “fashion.” You can also use tools like Google Adwords Keyword Planner or SEMRush to get detailed data about keyword performance and related terms.
Check out the competition
If you want to stay ahead of the competition when it comes to SEO, then you need to check out what your competitors are up to. You can do this in a few ways:
- Monitor their online presence – Take some time to analyze your competitor’s website and blog. Note down the keywords they’re using on their website and in their content.
- Track their SEO performance – Use SEO tracking tools such as Google Search Console, Ahrefs, and SEMrush to identify the keywords that your competitors are targeting. This way, you can get an idea of how their SEO strategy is faring.
- Analyze their backlinks – In addition to monitoring the keywords that your competitors are targeting, it’s also important to take a look at their backlinks. Backlinks are one of the most important elements of SEO and can help you rank higher in search results. Use tools like Ahrefs or Majestic to see which websites are linking to your competitor’s site.
By taking a closer look at what your competitors are doing, you can better strategize your own SEO plan. This way, you can be sure that you’re staying ahead of the competition and using the right keywords for optimal results.
Use keyword research tools
When it comes to keyword research, the right tools can make all the difference. Luckily, there are many excellent options for finding the best keywords for SEO purposes. Here are some of the most popular ones:
Google Keyword Planner: Google’s free tool is great for basic keyword research. It allows you to find long-tail and short-tail keywords related to your topic, as well as data on search volume and competition.
Ahrefs Keywords Explorer: Ahrefs is an advanced tool that gives you much more detailed information than the Google Keyword Planner. With its powerful algorithm, you can quickly see what keywords your competitors are targeting, as well as their estimated search volume and difficulty.
SEMRush: This tool is great for seeing which keywords your competitors are using, as well as analyzing their performance. SEMRush also allows you to compare different websites and get ideas for new keywords that might be worth targeting.
KeywordTool.io: This simple yet effective tool helps you to quickly generate hundreds of keyword ideas related to your topic. It also provides monthly search volume data and competition estimates.
Analyze your results
Once you have completed your keyword research, it is important to analyze the results. This will help you determine which keywords are the most relevant and valuable for your website. Follow the below steps to analyze your results effectively:
- Take a look at the search volume and competition of each keyword. Now prioritize the ones with low competition and high search volume. They are easier to target and rank on.
- Consider the context of each keyword and how it is relevant to your industry. You can also optimize the keywords as you go to make them more relevant to your field.
- Do not forget to incorporate long-tail keywords, as they are crucial for keyword planning. They can be the versions of your original keywords, just longer. They are usually three or more words long.
Researching keywords can be time-consuming, but it’s essential for any successful SEO campaign. By taking the time to understand your industry and target audience, you’ll be able to create a list of highly-targeted and effective keywords. We are experts at keyword research. Contact us for more information.