Salary: $14.50 /hour
Who we are:
At Edkent Media, we pride ourselves in making businesses stand out in a big way.
Digital marketing is second nature to us. Our team works collaboratively to design effective solutions for clients across a spectrum of services, such as SEO, SEM, and SMM, reputation management and brand creation.
As we work on achieving our greatest potential as a team, we don’t forget to have fun and pat each other’s backs. We co-create a diverse and friendly learning environment that drives personal as well as professional growth.
We are looking for an organized, hardworking, and highly motivated intern currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with requirements to complete an internship for course credit. This intern will help establish and manage our social media campaigns with the help of the creative team. This intern will be working for one of our major clients who wants to establish his media prescence in the Chinese Market.
- Provide creative support to the team
- Content creation: posting blog posts, creating social media posts, or creating newsletters for the targeted audience/geographic area
- Proofread and edit copy to ensure quality and accuracy
- Perform daily Social Media community management
- Schedule and review Social Media Posts
- Help with blog postings
- Help with content marketing and WordPress
- Help with website updates editing of tutorial/ media content for website and social media
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms, basic Adobe Photoshop & WordPress skills are a plus
- Identify opportunities from unique and successful marketing campaigns in other industries
- Assist various Marketing managers and coordinators in their daily administrative tasks as required.
Additional skills that would be valued
- Basic knowledge of wordpress
- Photography skills
- Animation and video editing
- Passion for social impact and community-driven design
Please include the link to your portfolio. Thank you.
*Must be enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement
• Passion for online marketing
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative
• Hardworking and dedicated outlook
• Ability to take director and absorb information quickly
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Experience with social media, analytics and digital marketing campaigns is required
• Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Strong organisational, verbal and communication skills.
*This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
September to December 2018 commitment required (minimum 20hrs/week and up to 32hrs/week depending on candidate’s availability)
Compensation: Honorarium of $ 450 per month to compensate for travel cost (for interns only!)
If you are interested in an Internship at Edkent Media and currently enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement, please remember to include all of the following with your application:
- Cover letter and resume indicating the internship you are interested in applying for (in an order of preference – 3 maximum preferences, 1 being most preferred)
- Days and hours of availability, along with the number of hours that must be completed.
- Documentation from the accredited institution outlining: internship requirements, workplace safety and accident insurance coverage and that credit or recognition will be earned for the internship with the accredited institution.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only interns selected will be contacted.
EdKent Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EdKent Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need!
We thank all applicants for applying. Only candidates selected will be contacted. Please ensure to have your portfolio included!
This position can turn into a f/t salaried position!