Who we are looking for:
A financial expert who is familiar and up to date with Canadian business tax legislation and regulations. We are looking for a dynamic, critical thinker and an enthusiastic person who is ready to tackle what comes their way. You are always willing to learn and stay on top of the latest trends. If you call yourself a jack of all hats, or a multitasker, this person must be able to thrive This job offers a lot of growth going forward and is an opportunity like none other. Want to be a part of one of the fastest growing Digital Marketing Agencies in Canada, then is the ideal place for you to test yourself and be a part of something great and big! We work hard, and play hard.
What is in it for you?
High growth in a short period of time; be part of one of the most impactful areas in the company. You will be working closely with the leadership of the organization, including the CEO, CRO and CHR. Your financial know-how will translate into real impact at the company. You will be joining a team that rewards initiative and exceptional performance. Take the next step in your career, learn and experience a fast-paced business environment with high growth individuals.
Why Work Here
- We are continuing to grow; lots of growth opportunities within the organization
- We are professional but friendly
- Work hard, play hard culture
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Free parking
- Lots of paid social events and celebrations. We love to party and celebrate our ‘Edkentians’! Check us out on Instagram and Glassdoor!
So, do you like a fast-paced agile environment where you wear multiple hats and have a new and exciting challenge every day? That’s what our environment is like and we are growing non stop!
Developing reports to measure performance against goals; gathering and analyzing data; and providing feedback on operational performance assisting in formulating budgets and forecasts. This role supports operational finance and all company finances.
Essential Details and Responsibilities
- Partnering with CEO to identify trends, discover opportunities and provide solutions through analysis and discussion to drive sales results
- Responsible for Weekly/Monthly Reporting to the CEO
- Analyze and provide explanations on sales, margin and financial performance variances versus plan/forecast/prior year and analyze sales/margin in various views
- Perform analysis to identify operational issues or areas for improvement by researching, analyzing, and integrating operations information and data
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Business Review presentation and decks
- Assist in formulating and validating assumptions in the budget and forecast models
- Responsible for calculating the monthly/quarterly company bonuses
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships & partnerships
- Identify business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results
- Recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to budget, providing cost estimating, and implementing fiscal management principles and procedures
- Bookkeeping & Invoicing
- Controlling budgets
- Accounting Support
- Payroll for all employees (internal & external)
- Tracking of daily internal expenses sheets
- Creating and reviewing contracts as necessary
Experience, Education, Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 years’ experience preferably in marketing relevant industry
- Knowledge of business, financial and information technology systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong abilities in grasping abstract concepts, research and problem solving
- Excellent organizational, listening and multi-tasking skills
- Abilities in data analysis, report creation and presentation development
- Excellent Excel skills and financial modeling abilities
- Strong ability to understand fundamental and core business operations within the organization
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Microsoft Office: advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- Advanced database and interactive systems software
A bit more about EdKent and our culture:
Who we are:
At EdKent Media, we pride ourselves in making businesses stand out in a big way. Digital marketing is first nature for us. Our team works collaboratively to design effective solutions for clients across a spectrum of services, such as SEO, SEM, and SMM, reputation management and brand creation.
EdKent Media was founded on innovation and the promise of real world results. We are proud to have become an award-winning digital marketing agency in such a short span of time. Key to this has been the growth mindset of our leaders. Our team comprises high growth individuals who don’t rest on past successes and are hungry for more.
We think creatively and practice innovation even in the simplest tasks, everyday. We work with business, from homegrown to national enterprises, to help improve their ROI through strategic marketing.
Most importantly, as we work on achieving our greatest potential as a team, we don’t forget to have fun and pat each other’s backs. We co-create a diverse and friendly learning environment that drives personal as well as professional growth.
If you enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment, then this position is for you!
WHY EMPLOYEES LOVE EdKent Media:
- Outlined growth paths for each function
- Performance-based bonuses
- Paid social events
- Robust health-dental- benefits
- Work from home days
- Office snacks, darts, in-office perks
What is the culture like at EdKent Media?
Collaborative, with loads of fun and a competitive and highly energetic team environment.
CORE VALUES of EdKent Media:
- We are loyal
- We are strategic
- We are dedicated
- We are client focused
- We keep learning
- We embrace team
- We have integrity
*Candidates will be required to complete testing to verify competency.