We’re proud to announce the first-ever Edkent Media (Edkent Inc.) Scholarship for the 2017 – 2018 school year. This scholarship is available to American and Canadian students, and the chosen winner will be awarded a $1,000 grant toward his or her education in either U.S. or Canadian dollars, depending on the location of the institution.
Edkent Media is a digital marketing and SEO Toronto company that helps companies of all sizes to enhance their business through digital marketing services. We are also web design Toronto experts that produce websites that are ready for online marketing.
We understand that schooling is an expensive affair and we acknowledge the fact that it can be burdensome for some students and their families.The sum of costs incurred from tuition fees along with other associated expenses, such as housing, books, and school supplies, can turn into tens of thousands of dollars. To make things a little easier, we are pleased to be offering an annual $1,000 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending a school in the U.S or Canada in the 2017-2018 school year.
Submission deadline: August 25, 2017
Selection date: September 1, 2017
The student must be:
- A U.S. or Canadian citizen, permanent resident or other legal standing that allows them to work and study in the U.S or Canada;
- Accepted into a U.S. or Canada college or university; and
- Enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian undergraduate program, or entering school for the first time during fall 2017 semester.
Millennials have changed the way they communicate due to the ever-changing social media trends. What hasn’t changed is the fact that they are still reaching out to one another and are constantly exchanging thoughts, ideas and opinions. With multiple channels at their disposal, millennials have now adopted rapid and concise formats for communication hoping that they do so while also breaking the clutter caused by the onslaught of messages.
Small Writing Project: On a website, blog, or online forum, write a 500-1000 word post that expresses your ideas about how “Social media has changed the way millennials communicate today. Can concise communication on social media be detrimental in the overall development of communication skills?”
Criteria for evaluation: The best posts will be creative, express your thoughts clearly and concisely, and avoid grammatical or spelling errors. The post must also include a link from the website or blog to the Edkent Media website (https://edkentmedia.com).
“SOCIAL MEDIA HAS CHANGED THE WAY MILLENNIALS COMMUNICATE TODAY. CAN CONCISE COMMUNICATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA BE DETRIMENTAL IN THE OVERALL DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS ?”
Out of the pool of applicants, we will choose three finalists. We will then post the three finalists’ essays on our blog and our social media pages.
All entries will be judged by our content marketing head. The winner of the scholarship will be notified via email on September 1, 2017.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Your published piece of content must be received by August 25, 2017
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com in word format, no link to Google Docs or PDFs.
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
- Applicants should include a link to their Facebook profile so that we may confirm their identity and school enrollment.
- The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
- No additional information should be included.
We look forward to reading your submissions and helping the winner meet his or her educations costs. To contact Edkent Media, call us today at (647) 352-8700.