We’re proud to announce the first-ever Edkent Media (Edkent Inc.) Scholarship for 2017 – 2018 Semester. This scholarship is available to students of both the U.S. and Canada, and the chosen winner will be awarded a $1000 grant toward their education in either U.S. or Canadian dollars, depending on their chosen destination for education.
Edkent Media is a digital marketing company that helps businesses of all sizes to enhance their business through digital marketing services.
We understand that schooling is an expensive affair and we acknowledge the fact that it can be burdensome for some students and their families.The sum of costs incurred for the tuition fee along with other allied expenses like housing, books, school supplies can run into tens of thousands of dollars.To make things a little easier for some of the students, we are pleased to be offering an annual $1,000 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending a school in the U.S or Canada in the near future.
Submission deadline: August 25, 2017
Draw date: September 01, 2017
- Is a U.S. or Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have other legal standing allowing them to work and study in the U.S or Canada.
- Have been accepted into a U.S. or Canada college or University.
- Will be enrolling in a U.S. or Canada undergraduate program, or entering school for the first time during fall semester 2017
Millennials have changed the way they communicate owing to the ever changing social media trends. What hasn’t changed is the fact that the are still reaching out to one another and are constantly exchanging thought,ideas and opinions. With multiple channels at their disposal , millennials have now adopted rapid and concise formats for communication hoping that they do so while also breaking the clutter caused by the onslaught of messages.
In order to apply, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
Social media has changed the way millennials communicate today. Can concise communication on social media be detrimental in the overall development of communication skills ?
Out of the pool of applicants, we will choose five finalists. We will then post the five finalists’ essays on our blog and our social media pages.
I’M A FINALIST – NOW WHAT?
Once you’ve been selected, you need to do your bit to make sure that your essay generates a significant buzz on the social network. You can apply your social media skills to enhance your work’s fan following on social media. The winner will be determined by the amount of social media “buzz” the winning essays generate. The finalist with the most Facebook “Likes” on their essay page wins! In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must simply be either currently enrolled in or actively applying to a college or graduate/professional program.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by August 25, 2017
- Applications should be emailed to [email protected] in word format, no link to Google Docs or PDFs.
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
- Applicants should include a link to their Facebook profile so that we may confirm their identity and school enrollment.
- The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
- No additional information should be included.
We look forward to reading your submissions and helping the winners meet their educations costs. To contact Edkent Media, call us today at (647)352-8700.