Search Engines such as Google, Microsoft, Bing, etc. rely on complex algorithms that help them determine the ranking of various websites on the search engine results pages (SERP). One way to boost SEO is by optimizing the content. Most people rely on fixing the On-Page SEO but often forget that Off-Page SEO is just as important.
If SEO is done properly, you see a boost in traffic and enjoy higher conversion rates. Off-page SEO as the name suggests is performed outside the domain of your website to help boost your rankings, improve your Domain Authority (DA), and see a boost in SERPs.
Read on to Know All About Off-Page SEO
What is Off-Page SEO?
All actions outside your website domain that impact your ranking on search engines fall under Off-Page SEO. This includes a variety of activities such as obtaining backlinks, writing guest blog posts, and having a strong social media presence. Here are the four pillars of Off-Page SEO:
Think of links from other websites as votes that are in your favor. The higher the votes you get, the more confidence is built towards your domain. Building a link network with other websites that vouch for you should be on the top of your to-do list.
- Earned or Natural Links: When websites or customers mention your brand organically, this is called a natural or earned link.
- Built Links: These links come by getting link attribution and mentions from other publishers which require some effort of reaching out to them.
You have to optimize your website for local search. This is specifically useful for businesses that are operating in a specific geographic location such as bakeries, salons, grocery stores, etc. They want their website and location to pop up so as to drive relevant, nearby traffic.
- Be sure to add your business to Google My Business to be listed on local directories.
- Get listed on Yelp and Trip Advisor and get your clientele to leave reviews for you.
- Have consistent contact information present across all media.
Marketing Your Content
Marketing your content is key so that it can reach the right audience and help drive better traffic and conversions. Apart from blogging, you can also start with guest posts, surveys, downloadable offers, whitepapers, and more.
You don’t just generate leads but different types of content marketing also help you rank higher on search engines ensuring better visibility for your brand.
Reach out to Edkent Media to help your business gain visibility through SEO services and practices. The eyeballs you catch with the right SEO are unbeatable!
Social media marketing is a great tool to not just boost brand awareness but also increase your search engine rankings as well as domain authority. If your social media channels are driving traffic to your homepage, Google takes that as a positive sign that you’re driving traffic through diverse channels and considers your content to be of high quality.
What are the Off-Page Factors for Link Building?
Now that we know about the four pillars of off-page SEO, let’s take a look at what factors need to be considered for link building:
When link-building activities had started, companies were doing all sorts of activities to get backlinks. This included paying for links or posting links on various forums and comment sections of other blogs. However, over the years, Google has become more strict with how it views SEO practices. Google can penalize your website if it finds wrong practices are being followed.
Here are a few factors to look into when you dive into link-building activities:
- Link Authority: You want to be referenced by domains that have a high DA as this lets Google know that credible websites are leading back to you
- Reference Links: The more high DA websites and domains refer back to your site, the more trust you build with Google regarding your credibility. Google rewards you with higher ranks.
- Anchor Text: The text that is hyperlinked and leads back to your website needs to sound relevant and descriptive. It should not sound forced or spammy in nature
- Relevance: Get other relevant blogs and websites in your niche to link back to you. As a beauty blogger, you will not benefit much if a food and cooking blog gives you a link. Build your name and relevance in your industry and niche.
The Importance of Off-Page SEO
Google always strives to deliver the best and most relevant search results to its users. It wants its user experience to be exemplary and help users find exactly what they’re looking for. This means, as a brand, you need to convince Google that your business is the best outcome for certain keywords. Google needs to find you the ‘right fit’ to get your website displayed.
Off-Page SEO helps Google determine how the world perceives your brand. A well-maintained brand will have relevant links on its site, other credible sites will mention it and there will be positive reviews mentioned on the internet. Once your Off-Page SEO is fully optimized, you are letting search engines recognize the potential of your brand and why it should rank higher than other competitors in the market.
Be it reference links on other websites or be it a strong social media presence with mentions on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, all these factors help build your appeal to Google and help you get a higher ranking. When other communities talk about you, you will reap the benefits of higher traffic. You will witness better conversions as well as earn an online brand reputation that cannot be measured.
Edkent Media: Delivering On-Page and Off-Page Services
Reach out to Edkent Media today so we can help you with both On-Page and Off-Page SEO to help your business gain the right kind of traction and traffic that you have desired. Call us at 647-352-8700 and book a consultation today!